The Holy Trinity Square was named after the stone monument of the Holy Trinity, which was placed in 1774. The monument was placed in the central part of the square in gratitude for the ending of numerous outbreaks of plague at that time.
The monument was made in classical baroque sculptural style with elegant detail work, with graceful, highly elevated pillar where the statue of the Holy Trinity was placed. The monument was removed 1947. When it was damaged during the removal. During the communism era the square carried the name “The Square of Brotherhood and Unity”, and today it has restored its old name although it’s commonly known as the “Bald Square”.