On the ground of the church of an old church built in 1717. by Bunjevci ethnic group from Sombor, on ruins of old Turkish buildings, the construction of a new church was started in 1752. and lasted until 1763.
The new church was built in classical baroque style dedicated to the Holy Trinity and the church organ were placed inside in 1771. And later on the pulpit was painted in 1782. In the sublevel of the church, in its crypt, prominent citizens of Roman Catholic religion from Sombor were buried. The church was renewed in 1939.